Sunday, November 18, 2007

These are a few of my Favorite Things


Every year Oprah gives out her favorite things to her audience. It is never a short list, that is for sure! I am always intrigued to see what she likes for the year because she gives out a ridiculous amount of gifts that she calls her “favorite things.” Can someone really have as many “favorite things” as her? And as expensive?


Not everyone can ask for a Burberry coat and a diamond watch in the same Christmas. And almost every year Oprah has a new computer on her list. I know computers change but do you really need a new one every year?


I am glad to see she puts a few practical things on her list, that viewers might actually be able to afford. She loves Williams and Sonoma. There are usually brownies or croissants or some kind of mixer on her list.


I know she has this incredible Favorite Things list, but what I want to know is if she actually gets all these gifts? Does she just go out and buy them for herself or does someone “give” them to her? Her audience just gets lucky and shows up on the day when she buys them for everyone so they don’t have to wonder if someone would actually buy it for them if they asked.


I think that would be absolutely amazing to be able to give away gifts to an entire audience that probably cost more than all my Christmas presents, ever! Be on the lookout to see what she has in store this year! Her favorite things airs Tuesday.

No comments: