Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A TV show lover's worst nightmare.


If you're a TV show fanatic, you too might be getting upset over the WRITER'S STRIKE. The strike started a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't until yesterday that I started to feel the effectiveness. As usual, every Monday night at 9 I switch on the TV, tone into NBC and watch Heroes for an hour. But due to the strike, next week's is the season finale! Not only was I upset over the fact that the episode ended in the middle of an exciting scene, but I was also mad because there could be so more to the story if only it wasn't for WRITER'S STRIKE. Apparently Tim Kring (creater of Heroes) had joined the crowd too.
Will next Monday be the end of Season 2 or the whole show? When will this madness end?!
I am usually fair to innocent people who deserve justice. As for these writers protesting about their unfair salaries, I have no sympathy whatsoever. Not only I stand on the different end of the spectrum in this matter, but I am also extremely annoyed by their ignorance. The job of these writers is to entertain us audiences. In return, the audiences repay the work by paying for their shows. I understand the "harm" of illegal downloads on the internet, however I believe it's somewhat fair for the audiences to have this kind of privilege. I understand that the writers aren't happy about this because they are not getting the pay they "deserve", but of all the money they make off their shows, I believe it's a fair deal. Would you beat up the kid who stole a Jolly Rancher from your bucket of candies? It's the wrong thing to do, but when someone already have so much, isn't their job to give back anyways?
Another thing that bugs me about this petition is their ignorance. There is no complete fairness in society. And especially in the entertainment world, seeking a complete deserved credit is absolutely impossible to achieve. These writers need to understand that the lost of their credibility to their work comes with the job. Haven't they ever heard the phrase 'you must loose some to gain some' ?
Wikipedia composed a LONG list of popular shows that will end within the next couple weeks due to the WRITER'S STIRKE. I will upload the page soon as I find it again.

No comments: