Saturday, September 22, 2007

Children running there own city THATS CRAZY!?!

Well as of late "Kid Nation,” a very controversial reality show if you do not know, has made it on air finally!!! Woo hoo! Anyways why the controversy I suppose you would be asking at this time. Well what happened was when you place a variety of young children between the ages of 9-15 you are going to run into problems hand down. By variety I mean more so 40 kids. Well now for the controversy, there are times when the children could not feed themselves because they did not know how to cook. They say this is when adults should step in. But I doubt reality would allow a child to die on national TV sorry but there goes out the controversy out the window. Though they do say that it should be hands off and they should allow the kids to step up and figure things out for themselves.



Now I can’t but help but wonder to myself… if I was a child would I ever stick up for myself to someone that has 8 years on me? I wouldn’t if you were older I would keep my mouth shut and take what they say. Or the other way around if I was older I wouldn’t take lip from a child that is younger than me. That might just be me or the kids that came to this show are nowhere near normal. We have 11 year olds expressing philosophy trying to harmonize a group of adolescents. I have never seen this kind of action in my life I might be wrong but it always used to be at least I was growing up the older you are the more respect others should give you, because of your experiences. Not saying that this is impossible but seeing as the camera crew and producers, etc. are all around the children it makes them more so ballsy.

1 comment:

bullseye said...

The controversy behind this show is a load of crap. Like you said they are not going to let a kid die on national television. I understnad that there is also some questions about how this could effect the children's emotions. They will get over it. It's not like they have to do this "experiment" for a lifetime they are only doing this for like three months. Keep up the good work CBS!