Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Final Hour of the Emmy's-My Comments As I Watch!

Masi Oka is a genius and an even better actor. That's all there is to say about that.

Myspace guy?-Why does he get to present an emmy! This is so freaking wrong. I feel slightly violated. What did he present? I'm so confused about this award. Pods? I heard something about that a while ago and that it was supposed to be something great. But then it was never heard about again and then BAM an emmy. I still dont' know what or why they won. INTERACTIVE TV NETWORK? Is that an award. Whatever. Congats Al Gore, you were almost president. Good thing you weren't because otherwise you couldn't have "reclaimed democracy.'' I wonder who he paid to get that.

"Do you like my dress?"
" Yeah, you should see it from here ;)."
"That reminds me i need milk at the store."
" You just made Charlie Sheen's to do list."
"Honey, you couldn't' even make Senator Craig's list."

I love that kind of dialog.

Outstanding Directing in a Comedy Series-This is a tough category. The guy from Ugly Betty took it. He was against the people from Scrubs, the Office, and a few other toughies. Do you like this show? It would be much more awesome if they didn't show so many reruns.

Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series- The Office has two different writers up for this one. Its so funny. 30 Rock also has a few. There are some really great writers out there. And the winner is.... Greg Daniels the Office, Witch hunt. That was a great choice and great clips.

Best Reality Show Competition- (I would go anywhere that Wayne Brady went. He is so so hilarious. He is presenting this award.)

Rainn Wilson should host this show. He just busted out Kanye like a champion.

The amazing race? Does anyone watch that show? Top Chef, American Idol, maybe even Project Runway...At least people watch those shows. Oh boy! What will we do with these "Academy" people.

Steven Colbert just said that we were lucky that Al Gore wasn't president because he was a cry baby. HAHA

Lead Actor in a Comedy Series- PLEASE STEVE....NOOO! Ricky Gervais? He didn't even show up! HAHA Jon Stewart was like "since he didn't show up we are going to give this to our friend steve carell HAHA! I love these guys.

Lead Actress in a Drama-How did Sally Field beat Edie Falco and Mariska Hargitay? She was saying something really bad for them to cut her off like that. This was a disappointing award.

They are doing this montage thing and showing old shows and people who have died that worked on popular shows. It is killing me to think that one day I will be old and sitting there and shows like the Sopranos, House, Grey's Anatomy, ER, and other favorities will be on here and I will try to explain it to my children. I'm sure that as I try to explain nothing that I could say would be equivalent to the way that those shows make us feel when we watch them. That is what great television is. It is amazing how some shows make us feel like we are getting a sneak peak into this whole other world. Great writers are the ones that make it so we forget its make believe.

There are ten minutes left and I barely feel like three hours has passed. It has been a great show overall. The skits have been amazing. Hopefully they will be up for me to post soon.

Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: This was a truly deserving winner. America Fererra takes it. She is amazing that she shows girls and women everyone that you can be so fantastic even if you are a size 12. (Or whatever size she really is.)

You would think that if you were promoting your new show you would do sometihbng better

Lead Actor in a Drama- This is such a packed category and I have not been more outraged all night. James Spader from Boston Legal a show that no one really watches just beat Tony Soprano and Dr. House. I am so upset. The shows are better and the actors are better. His speech wasn't even good. He didn't' even thank anyone. I am so angry inside. I want to personally call the other actors and tell them that it was bogus. Who votes for this stuff again? I hope that one of the Sopranos finds out and pulls out a .45 and solves that problem for next year.

Best Comedy Series-30 Rock won. I am disappointed again. So much so, that I don't' want to talk about it. grr.. She said it all when she said that she wanted to thank her "dozens and dozens of viewers." :(

If Sopranos doesn't win best drama I might boycott next year. I am very bitter right now.

Best Drama Series- Heroes-House-Boston Legal-Grey's Anatomy-the Soprano's
YAYYAYAYAYYAYYAYYAYA!! I get to watch next year! I am so happy right now. No show deserved it more. This series has impacted the way our children will see shows. So this is just a truly great award. James Gandolfini and Edie Falco made this so amazing and believable. This is just a great end to a great Emmy Awards show. I thought for a minute that I was really going to regret watching this show. However, I still think that Micheal Imperioli, James Gandolfini, and Edie Falco really deserved their own awards. I hope they know how amazing they really are. They were robbed.

Well thats it. Have a great night!

ps. I still don't understand what that award that Al Gore won was for. hmm....anyone?

No comments: