Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I got a great Idea...

Wouldn't it be awesome to find true love in front of millions of viewers on national TV Oh wait it gets even better let me compete with 15 others to win the heart of one person. That would be awesome! This seems to be the common trend in our reality TV realm with Flavor of Love 3 coming out; I love New York 2, Rock of Love. You can't help but wonder why these people feel the need to jump on these shows and prove to the world they can win the rock star, rap star, or random person's love. If I was to be on any one of these shows it’s safe to say I would have to do something similar to what "Pumpkin" did to "New York" during the first season of Flavor of love, but rather to an opponent to the host himself/herself. It never ceases to amaze me the fact that these people will throw their dignity on the line to overcome the 10-15 other contestants on the show.

*Disclaimer there is some and by some, I mean a decent amount of profanity*



In the real world outside reality TV I doubt anyone would have that much drive to fight over a man/woman, as they do on these shows. If a normal person was to figure out that the person they were pursuing had another 15 people lined up and has done the equivalent amount of actions as they have done to you. I doubt you would stay there and take it hoping you will out shine the competition. I know I wouldn’t. but that’s the beauty of the shows, you get to enjoy the stupidity of the contestants and see who actually wins the money and then to see if the celebrity actually stays with their “winner.” Oh the beauty of love shows.

1 comment:

Tech man said...

I completely agree. Some people might just get caught up in their 15 minutes of fame, that they dont even think about what they are doing. Perhaps that is why it is so easy for people to make such fools of themselves on tv. It is so easy to market these shows, because everyone wants to see the story of what people would do for the chance to be with someone famous, or someone on live tv. Personally, I think that if you wanted to be on tv, and perhaps be "famous" then you should go about it, in a manner that you would be proud of; not in a manner that makes you look foolish.