Friday, September 14, 2007

Is Carey 'Right'?




It is official that Drew Carey will replace Bob Barker on the classic tv show The Price is Right. The show is set to air on October 15. Until then the station will be playing reruns. I think it has been far too long since a new show has aired.


Drew Carey has some huge shoes to fill. Bob Barker is what some consider a hero of sorts. He hosted the show for 35 long years. He charmed his audiences with wit and humor and I’m not sure Carey has the personality to make up for Barker being gone. Carey hosted Whose Line is it Anyway? and The Drew Carey Show. He also just premiered a new game show called The Power of 10. So the real question is: will he have time to make the classic show live up to the standards Bob Barker has set?
OR


I think that Carey will bring something new to the show but I just hope it does not lose the classic Price is Right feel. It will also be interesting to see how the fans react to the new host. It was always entertaining to see contestants run up with their shirts that say things like, ‘I love Bob’ or ‘Today I’m 18’. Will the new shirts say ‘I love Drew’? I guess we just won’t know until the show premiers. And how will Carey end the shows? Bob always said, “Don’t forget to have your pet spayed or neutered.” I will be interested to see if he can pull off the same classic message or if he will bring something new to the show. Its really hard to say what is going to happen at all because the publicity on Carey being the new host has died down since Barker announced his retirement.


I do hope that they keep the games and structure of the show the same though. I think that if the actual logistics were changed the show would lose viewers because it wasn’t the classic show that they remember. For now I guess we will have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Goggin DuGalle said...

Bob Barker forever!

bullseye said...

I don't think Drew Carey has a chance. The best part of the show, other then The Price is Right girls, was Bob Barker. He made the show, and in my opinion they should have canceled the show after he retired. They know Carey will never be as good as Barker so I guess they are just setting him up for failure. Good luck to Drew, but I don't think he has a chance!

Jose Alvarez said...

I don't think Carey can fill Barkers shoes. No one else can have is same attitude. People are just to attached to him. Also I just expect to see an old skinny man. Also he has to be using the skinny microphone.