Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hey folks, I know I have been dealing around with the more reality shows relating to love, or as of last post controversial shows. But this came to me in a realization of reading up on the latest of the reality TV shows. It’s three words long, The Biggest LOSER. Hmm. Sweet title though the premise of the show is much more meaningful and helpful. This show frustrates me. If you are not familiar with the show it is basically a bunch of obese people trying to lose weight and who ever loses the most weight is the winner. Though just the title itself infuriates me, why would they go around advertising that if you are obese you are a loser. Though I understand the rhetoric behind the title, Oh it’s a very polite message displaying the fact it is who loses the most weight. Bull shit. I feel horrible for the people on this show not are they only in the eyes of the entire nation it perpetuates the fact being obese is not normal by any means. If you are obese you are a loser. I personally am not obese, but for the show to continue to proceed with this message, seems unfair for all those who are obese. Maybe I have read into the title to much but to call someone a loser for being unable to stay fit is the biggest bullshit I have heard. The rant is now over but, I am very proud the contestants get a healthy track but there are so many different ways you can name the show. Fat people get Fit. That would be less obnoxious then THE BIGGEST LOSER!!! Woo. For example, Celebrity Fit Club on VH1 made the show more eventful without making those feel as if they were out of place in the celebrity world and they weren’t helpless just by the title I already feel this people are helpless… the end =)

<3 ImAnonymous.

2 comments:

Amanda Rose said...

I totally agree with you!! Most reality shows in general frustrate me but this one is one of the worst! Not only are they being put on TV for being unfit but also what about those people who don't get fit?! I am sure that they have to feel even worse after being on that show! It just makes me sad for obese people in general. Thanks for posting this!
~MaryKay

MiTortuga said...

In most cases of obesity, not all of them, but most, it is a choice. It is very hard to lose weight, but if you are truly dedicated, baring any medical complication, its a lifestyle choice. Maybe they didn't choose the be that way, but they also didn't choose not to be.